Sunday, February 7, 2010

Busy Busy!

I've been busy lately. I've been skiing like crazy, taking advantage of the short period each year when there's snow in the mountains near LA. I've got my quals sometime this week (last minute rescheduling going on) and I've been preparing for those. I found a new house and moved the stuff into it. I built up my new mountain bike. Carie gets home tomorrow! This weekend we're flying up to Bend for some skiing at Bachelor. There's a lot going on.

I should give a detailed trip report of my day trip last weekend skiing Baldy Bowl, but I just don't have time at the moment. What I do have, however, is the GPS tracking data, complete with elevation profile, courtesy of a very awesome Christmas present from Carie. It was an awesome trip and I'll post pictures sometime soon. It's a burly day trip with 4000 vertical feet, but that continuous ski all the way back down to the car is oh-so-worth it.

I also have the GPS data from the little day trip Jason, Casey and I did near Mt. Rose on Lake Tahoe on January 31st. Pretty nifty, this new toy! Next I'm going to take the raw data and manipulate it in Matlab to get the slope angle profile! Because I'm a nerd!

No comments:

Post a Comment