Friday, February 27, 2009

Civic Duty

USC has always hosed off its sidewalks on nearly a daily basis instead of sweeping them.  This has always pissed me off, seeing as how this city is in the middle of a desert and we're raping the watershed of the entire southern half of the state to sustain it.  It wasn't until recently that I found out this is actually illegal in Los Angeles, so today after seeing it again on my ride in I called LADWP and put in a complaint.  Apparently they don't usually fine on the first offense, but if I see it again I'm going to call again.  I'm going to be a pain in the ass about this, I don't care what the university thinks, I don't care if this makes me some damn dirty tree-hugger hippie.  Water is precious enough when you're not in the desert; hosing off sidewalks is just plain bullshit.

2 comments:

  1. Shit, if it gets any worse they're going to drain Lake Tahoe and pump it down here.

    http://uk.reuters.com/article/marketsNewsUS/idUKN2737316820090228

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. This is disgusting, wasteful, and oh, so California mentality!!! But maybe you should have the doctorate degree in your pocket first?

    ReplyDelete